Stages ONE Virtual Certification • Sunday, May 16, 2021
Your Introduction into the world of Indoor Cycling
#WEKNOWCYCLINGThe Stages ONE Instructor Certification is the first step in a line of courses designed to elevate the knowledge and understanding of Indoor Cycling for instructors. Teaching with or without technology, with a power meter or to the beat of the music, we all need to start somewhere. We created this course to provide both new and returning indoor cycling leaders with the tools and information necessary to instruct safe, fun, and effective classes. Take the first pedal stroke, and...
- Full access to our Online Certification (8+ hours of content, videos, class templates, etc.) – ideally to be completed before the Virtual Campus
- An interactive & engaging 4-Hour Virtual Campus with a select group of ten attendees led by a Stages Master Educator – LIVE through Videoconference, split into two 2-hour modules:
- Indoor Cycling: What's work got to do with it?
- The Plan: Class Design for Success (Structure-driven vs. Music-driven, Cadence & Resistance Combinations...)
- The Invisible Road: Music in Indoor Cycling (Tempo vs. Feel, Music Sources, and Playlist Creation, Practical Examples)
- In the Studio: Tech, Tips & Tricks of the Trade
- Q&A + Final Roundtable
- 8 Continuing Education Credits
- Certificate of Completion
- Online Certification: You can complete the Online Certification portion at your own leisure. However, it is highly encouraged that you complete it and pass the assessment prior to the Virtual Campus.
- Virtual Campus: Sunday, May 16, 2021 from 8 am to 12:30 pm MST via Zoom
* TO ENSURE THE QUALITY OF THE INTERACTIVE VIRTUAL EXPERIENCE, THIS TRAINING IS LIMITED TO TEN ATTENDEES.
Karmel, a UCLA graduate and NSCA personal trainer, currently serves as adjunct faculty for Salt Lake Community College in Salt Lake City, Utah, in the Exercise Science department and teaches various group fitness classes including Zumba, Kickboxing, Boot Camp, Powertone, Aquatics, and Indoor Cycling. Also a Master Educator for Stages Indoor Cycling, Karmel travels the country educating and training indoor cycling instructors, primarily in incorporating best practices for using power and metrics during indoor cycling workouts. Online, Karmel leads a Facebook fitness group entitled "Team Karmel" where she leads her students and clients in virtual fitness challenges and live streaming classes to keep them active, fit, engaged, and connected from across the country. Outside of the gym, Karmel enjoys outdoor adventures such as hiking with her two dogs, paddleboarding, cycling, and landscape photography.